Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From teacher to author! What a difference a dream makes!

As a first post, I thought I'd tell you a little bit of how my story came about!

It was the summer of 1991 and I had a dream where my grandfather explained to me that he was going to die. Upon awakening the next morning, I received a phone call that Grandpa had had a stroke and he died shortly thereafter. My grandfather and I had such a great relationship, I believe that he wanted me to know personally that he was going to die and that things would be okay. While I was grief-stricken by his death, I was in awe of my dream. To help me with the grieving process, I started to write down stories/escapades that Grandpa and I shared. Many years later, I finally took the leap and made it into a memoir. My book, "My Hero, My Ding, A Memoir of a Girl and her Grandfather" was recently released on December 7, 2010. If it wasn't for this dream about my grandfather, I probably would have never realized my dream of becoming an author.      

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,awesome blog page. Looks wonderful. I am going to update the look of mine...eventually. I have a suggestion for you. Add a RSS feed link so it is easy to have your blog streamlined to readers. I posted a video the other day about it. If I can do it, anyone can! Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete