Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

For Father's Day...

I posted this last month, but being Father's Day Weekend, I thought it was appropriate to reprint it! Happy Father's Day !

My Grandpa's Hands...


I was blest with a wonderful grandfather who was truly the inspiration for my book and I was thinking that who he was can best be described by his hands...


When he was just a teen, Grandpa was in WWII. As a Veteran his hands were that of a survivor, his hands were protecting, his hands were American.


When he had his own business and used his jeweler hands, my grandfather was artistic, creative, and delicate;


When Grandpa was at home using his farmer hands, they were hard-working and strong;


When it was time for his golfer hands (and he loved those hands) they were gripping , focused, and determined;


As a family man, Grandpa's hands were always loving, dedicated, and generous;


Once he became a grandfather his hands were supporting, comforting, and fun;


And when he used his DING DONG hands (my favorite) they were truly caring, silly, one of a kind, and always Young at Heart!

Lisa Tortorello 5/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment