Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Get Out of the Kitchen...Please!

I am a true believer that we must look at ourselves and focus on our strengths and be aware of our weaknesses.  The older I get the more comfortable I am in my shoes.  For years, the motto in our house has been Whatever needs to be done, just do it.  If my  husband or I didn't feel like "just doing it" at the moment, we knew sooner or later (usually sooner), one of us would take care of it.  This works in all aspects of our life except cooking!  One could only wait so long before needing another meal.


Since we were married, I always quipped about how I am NOT the cook in our house.  Over the years that has become a very important fact not just my humble opinion.  Luckily, my husband came into our marriage very well prepared!  I thank my mother-in-law all the time for "bringin' him up right"!  When we got married, my husband already knew how to clean, do laundry, make a bed, and yes COOK! 


For someone who likes to eat as much as I  do, one would think cooking would be an exciting, creative, fun task, but for the life of me I just can't get enthusiastic about it.  When not in the kitchen I am a very organized person and I love math but the idea of getting everything hot at the same time, measuring ingredients, following directions...oy vey...just goes right out the window.  I'd rather wash dishes afterwards because the whole process is much easier...If it's dirty, clean it.

I am very lucky that my husband, not only does the cooking, but he is so good at it!  I figure, why mess with perfection!

In 22 years of marriage I have mastered the art of four meals....Italian-style breaded steak, bacon double cheeseburgers, reservations, and delivery. 

It's no wonder that the sign over my computer reads...

My only domestic quality is that I live in a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment