Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

UPDATED...New Blog...Come, check it out!

It is NOT in place of this blog (lisatortorello.blogspot.com)  This is a NEW blog for fun and excitement for moose lovers all over the world and my new book!  Check it out http://musethemoose.blogspot.com


Announcement: Coming in 2012!

Chris Mas Moose

Hi! My name is Chris Mas Moose, but everyone (and every moose) that knows me calls me Chris! I was born in December of 1993. I live with my adopted human parents and have been a domesticated moose all of my life. A dear friend of my "parents" gave me to them on Christmas in 1993. Who would have thought that a simple moose like myself would start such a moose frenzy. I might be the main moose, but I'm far from the only moose. For years, my Poppy and Moo (that's what I call them) have traveled near and far and collected all types of moose in need of a home. Friends and family have joined in and found moose to send their way and help make our house a happy and comfy home!

I am now pleased to announce that there will be a book released in 2012 about us! It's titled
"THE MOOSE AT THE MANGER" and it was written by our very own adopted Moo! It's a heart-warming story about a moose who is lost and goes on a fantastic journey. I don't want to spoil the surprise by telling you more about the story, but I thought it would be fun to hear from all of my brothers and sisters in the coming months as the printing and production of our new book gets closer to being released.

This month starts the initial editing process. As far as moose are concerned, it's not very exciting. While we LOVE to read and hear good stories, we find it a little difficult to type (having such big hooves and all). So, we will wait patiently for editing to finish. In the meantime, check back often so you can meet the rest of our moose family!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Stosh and the "Year That Was"!

HI! I am Stanley, but my family and friends call me Stosh! As you can see, even though I am from the South Side of Chicago....I am a CUBS FAN...I know, I know...it's very hard to see the emblem on my shirt (that's because it's been over 100 years since they've won the World Series). BUT I heard that in 1984, the Cubs came really close to being winners. I wasn't born yet...but the legend goes like this....


That year the Cubs did make it to the National League Playoffs. It definitely was the year that was. It was the year the Cubs had 96 wins!
It was the first year Cubs were in postseason play since 1945. It was the year the Cubs won the first two playoff games with scores of 13–0, and 4–2. What could stop them now?

Well they were the Cubs after all. The Padres, who were enjoying their first postseason game since the creation of their team came back with a vengeance and won the next three games leaving the Cubs in the dust. Obviously, it was the year that was just not meant to be.

BUT...if you're a DIEHARD Cub Fan you know one thing... you never give up. That's me...a die-hard Cub's fan on the South Side of Chicago just waiting for that BIG win!!!

In other news... I'm very excited about our new book that is coming out...The Moose at the Manger... Muse the Moose was there and it was a beautiful scene. Even better than the Cubs winning a World Series! REALLY!!! Can't wait for you all to read about it once the book comes out next year!

Signing off for now,
Stanley aka "Stosh"

Stop by often for book updates and to see moose that are really on the loose!~

No comments:

Post a Comment