Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day




When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
MARK TWAIN




Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is "soap-on-a-rope." 
BILL COSBY


"A father is a banker provided by nature." 
FRENCH PROVERB


My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."  
HARMON KILLEBREW




He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.  
CLARENCE BUDINGTON KELLAND




A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. ~Author Unknown





No comments:

Post a Comment