Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Joys of Growing Up with Tradition!



This is a great video about "the good ol' days".  It focuses on first and second generation Americans and how life used to be.  Being an American-Italian myself  (as the narrator of this video will explain), I can certainly relate to many of the traditions mentioned here. I think  no matter your heritage, if your parents or grandparents came here from "the old country" (whichever country that might be) you will enjoy this.  Hopefully, it will bring back some great memories for you from "the good ol' days".



If you are so inclined, leave a comment about your favorite childhood memory.  I'd love to read about it!

I have many "favorite" memories myself, but one that just came to mind after watching this video was my grandmother making homemade raviolis.  I used to call them "pillows of happiness"! Mmmm!  Mmmm! Good!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing. I watched this and experienced a wide range of emotions. My mouth watered, I desired some red wine, I got goose bumps, and even choked up a bit. This is a great story, one that I wish I had been able to experience. I come from a small family that is spread out. My small family of 5 developed our own traditions as time went on. They are ones that I truly enjoyed and will always cherish, but they are not the same as these. Everyone should watch this and stop for a minute a be thankful for everything that they have and for all the sacrifices that they and/or others made to see it happen. Thanks again. Very good stuff!

    Paul R. Hewlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You made a great point about how people should pause and be thankful for what they have. I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

      Delete