Friday, December 21, 2012

Tag! I'm It!


I have not played Tag or It since I was a child, so when I got "tagged" in this game by Katja Willemsen that helps promote an author's upcoming or newly released book, I got my gym shoes on and started running to see who I can tag next.  But before catching up to anyone, Katja had some questions for me to answer first.


What is the title of the next book you are working on?   
Mark the Missing Moose


Where did the idea come from your book?  
This is interesting.  A parent of a former student I taught back in 1997 recently contacted me via Social Media.  Unfortunately, tragedy struck her family when her 21 year old step-son took his own life this past August.  She said I had such a positive impact on her daughter that she reached out to me in hopes of wanting to write a children's book to teach kids that it is okay to open up and share their feelings.

What genre does your book fall under?  
Children's fiction

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?  
After becoming devastated at the loss his best friend, Jimmy comes to realize that opening up and sharing his feelings are the first steps in helping him heal.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? 
My book is being published through Tate Publishing.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?  About two months

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  
While I am sure there are stories out there on the subject of overcoming loss and sharing your feelings, I believe Mark the Missing Moose is definitely unique in its storyline.

What or who inspired you to write this story?  
After my first children's book, The Moose at the Manger, was published I wanted to write another.  I did not have a particular storyline in mind. Then Sandi Czyznikiewicz contacted me about the loss of her step-son and her situation inspired me to write this story.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?  
With the suicide rate being what it is today, if we can teach children at a young age to open up and reach out to others for help, maybe we can make a difference.  Hopefully, Mark the Missing Moose is a story to do just that.

Here are some exciting authors I have tagged to tell you about their NEXT BIG THING!

Paul R. Hewlett and his newly released book Lionel's Christmas Adventure! http://sherahart.blogspot.com/ 

Virginia Finnie and her newly released book Hey Warrior Kids! Grab Your Slingshot! http://heywarriorkids.com/

Amanda Stephan who just finished her latest work! http://www.booksbyamanda.com/

Darlene Shortridge who is working on a new story! http://www.darleneshortridge.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Lisa! What a touching story behind Mark the Missing Moose. I'm excited to read it! Thank you for tagging me. I will be working on the post today!

    Paul R. Hewlett

    ReplyDelete