Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

DON'T Double-Dip a Chip, but Please Double-Dip the Breaded Steak!

For anyone who has known me any length of time, you know that I don't cook. Well, that's actually not true. I make three dishes very well.  

They are - 
1 - Italian-style breaded steak
2 - Bacon cheeseburgers
3 - Delivery

I have always thanked my mother-in-law for training my husband so well.  He cooks, cleans, does laundry and so much more.  If it wasn't for him I'd live in a pigsty, actually, I'd die in the pigsty because I would starve to death.  So, throughout the year I give back by cooking one of my top three dishes.  This week it was Italian-Style Breaded Steak.  I decided I would share the recipe with you (and some fun pictures too).  



First you trim thin-sliced sandwich steak...











...cut it up into pieces and pound both sides to ensure every bite is tender.









Then you beat eggs for dipping in one bowl and pour bread crumbs in another.  I prefer Progresso Italian-Style Bread Crumbs.  It has the best texture and flavor.







 Yes, this is really me!








Dressed in costume because this is the secret that makes the breaded steak sooo delicious! Double-dip! Double-dip!  I said it twice because it's that important.  Dip each piece of steak (one at a time)  in the eggs than coat the steak with the bread crumbs.  REPEAT!  

When finished preparing, you will have a pile of happiness that looks something like this.  (There is about one pound of steak shown here.)





The remaining ingredients are brought out...

Grated Romano Cheese

Canola Oil







Add the oil to the bottom of a pan and heat until hot enough to fry.  I usually start the stove on High and then move the dial between Medium and High when I am actually frying.



Add breaded steak filling the bottom of the pan.  Then I go by sight...When the breading turns a golden brown like the pieces in the middle of the pan, it's time to turn them over. The steak is thin, so it does fry up quickly.




Me, without my disguise, watching the stove ever so carefully.





As you take each batch off the stove sprinkle it with Romano Cheese.   I usually put the oven on low and put the pan in there keeping all the breaded steak warm.  






A side salad topped with Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil turns a great dish into a wonderful meal!

Wow! Now that I've cooked and explained what I did, I'm exhausted! Next time, I am going to cook dish #3... from my favorite recipe book!

No comments:

Post a Comment