Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

The wheels on the bus go round and round...wait, not anymore!

One of the latest ideas from Michelle Obama is that students get to school by using a "walking school bus". 
These were the first images that I thought of when I heard this.  But I would be wrong...


A walking school bus is what the rest of the world would call
WALKING TO SCHOOL with adult supervision 
(you know like with those people...who are they again??? ..oh yeah, parents).

It's not a very new idea since people have been accomplishing this since the beginning of walking and the start of the formal education system.


A couple of weeks ago the Chicago Public Schools said  they just hired 600 Chicago residents and community members to expand their Safe Passage program at a cost to the taxpayers of 7 million dollars.  
I wonder how many of them will be the new "drivers" of the Walking School Buses when this next school year gets under way.




To read more click on the links below...

4 comments:

  1. Comical! Yaba daba doo! What will they think of next? Funny how they ignore time tested and tried things, like discipline and teaching. The micro management and trying to make a name for yourself is out of control. I'm certainly glad my daughter is grown and I don't have to deal with this nonsense- except helping pay for it of course. I am voting against ALL incumbents next election. Quite simply they have failed by allowing these shenanigans to go on. Thanks for posting and sharing the truth.

    Paul R. Hewlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when you think they can't come up with something more "stoopid" than their last idea...especially under the guise of "getting fit".

      Delete
  2. Funny, some of the happiest times of my life were spent walking to and from school with my buddies, the group growing larger or smaller as we passed their houses. Didn't need any minders, walkers or official attendants and wouldn't have wanted any either. Of course these days I wouldn't visit my old haunts in anything less than an armored personnel carrier. My, my how things have "progressed" in 50 years or so. So very, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true your words are...it's too bad things "progressed" to this point. Thanks for stoppin' by.

      Delete