Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

No matter how you look at it, it's still 2 atoms of hydrogen and 1 atom of oxygen...

Under the guise of  "getting healthy", we were told at the beginning of the school year that we were going to have a "water program" where each student is given their own water bottle and they are free to fill it up at any of the water stations that will be placed throughout the building.  In true form at CPS, it took two months to get this healthy living going.  Everything was free because "some group" donated this to the schools.  Silly me, with all the hype, I thought we'd be given distilled water, or natural spring water, or whatever other water they say is sooooo naturally delicious and good for us.  

BUT...


I am still trying to figure out why getting water from here



and putting it in here...




and then placing it in here (where the top does not open, but must be screwed off each time one wants a drink)





is better and healthier than getting water from here!





In case you can't read the small print, it reads -
LEARN WELL
An initiative of healthy CPS


And, as usual, this is where teachers do this...

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine had a plumber come out a couple months back. The plumber showed him the inside of the galvanized pipe his drinking water passed thru on it's way to the faucet. He said it was disgusting. From then on I try to drink bottled water whenever possible.

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I have a filter on my fridge at home (though I do drink from the tap occasionally) but I never drink the water at school not even at the water fountain.

      Delete