The highlights of the news article states:
- CPS states it will "better manage available funds" which leaves a heck of a lot of questions as to how it's been managed up 'til now!
- Teachers be careful of what you spend...CPS is now going to make changes as to how employees are reimbursed.
- Principals are also asked to "conserve" and only spend money they really, really need.
- The district might even reset passwords used to approve purchases to try and cut-down on fraud. (See first bullet-point)
- All purchases over $5000 would need district approval (the same group that is now going to "better manage available funds").
- CPS will owe $700 million to the Pension Fund by the end of June BECAUSE FOR YEARS, THEY WEREN'T PAYING THEIR BILLS!
It's all legit, I'm sure.
To read more about the whole sordid mess, click on the link below...